A regular skincare routine is crucial in maintaining the long-term health of your skin, including preventing cancers, reducing aging effects and preventing other skin disorders like acne and rosacea.
Here are some simple tips from Dr. Tull for keeping your skin healthy:
- Wash your face at least twice daily.
- Apply a moisturizer with SPF 20+ in the morning to protect yourself from the sun. Do this rain or shine, summer or winter! Even in the middle of winter, we’re exposed to harmful sun rays just driving to and from work in our cars.
- Apply sunscreen regularly when spending time outdoors. Be careful not to rely on high SPF products, instead focus reapplying every two hours when outside and active.
- Always remove your makeup before going to bed.
- Avoid alcohol-based toners. These actually make your skin more oily in response.
Need some product recommendations for your skincare routine? Check out some of Dr. Tull’s recommendations below:
- Neutrogena Healthy Defense – an economical morning moisturizer with SPF.
- SkinMedica Total Defense + Repair – a moderately-priced morning moisturizer with SPF that also helps with elasticity.
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Emulsion SPF 30 – a luxury morning moisturizer.
- SkinMedica TNS Essential Serum – a rejuvenating treatment that is essentially food for your skin. It improves your skin texture, improves the appearance of fine lines and keeps wrinkles away.
A regular skincare routine is just as important as brushing your teeth and washing your hair. Follow these tips and develop your own regular routine to keep your skin healthy.